Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 2-3: Adventures in Water City, and more!

This dream was vague when I woke up, but there are distinct bits that I remember.
__________

There was a city in "the South" - skyscrapers, massive reservoirs and aqueducts. Water was falling in sheets over the aqueducts above us, and water coated the roads in clear sheets. We drove under the aqueducts. I was seeing "family" or something. There was a big gathering - there were Native Americans dancing. A man with wild black hair and a crooked nose (who I think was our "guide?"). There was a ceremony - a hunt? Twenty or forty men mounted gleaming/illuminated white horses and ran for dust clouds in the distance. A man (different from guide) tried to join them, but was forbidden. He fell off his brown horse, but he helped one of the Indians up.

There were evil living shadows there, in the city. They followed me back to my "house," but I was stuck, or invisible, or changed somehow. They were listening to the man with black hair giving information to a girl in a pink southern belle costume. I swung a golden chain at the shadow(s), but it moved from wall to wall. I finally hit it, and it disappeared.


At some point in all of this, Chace Crawford died and possessed the body of a crow - or could change into a crow. When I killed the shadow, he turned back into Chace Crawford.

-This whole section of the dream was far more intricate. There was a reason for the hunt, the shapechanging, etc.

***

I was on Hwy 114, and there were lots of hotels. Parmele Hotel in tacky peach and black lace interiors. I was trying to find a room for some people - I was their guide? This one young man kept kissing me, but I don't think I was bothered by it.

***

I was on SJC campus, reenacting the first part of this dream(?) But I had to wear a New Kids on the Block sweater and sweatpants. I was outside Hallas Hall. D*** (name omitted) saw me and walked over to laugh at me. I was driving a small, beat-up car.

****

Miscellaneous images from this dream, but I can't remember where they go:

-I think we were asked to leave the southern city for some reason
-No one lived in the city. It was abandoned
-I loved all the water
-The people we were visiting felt like old family. John Goodman's voice was there, and maybe the woman who played Mrs. Bennet from A&E's "Pride and Prejudice"
-Alternating playful and serious, mixed with random "happy endings"
-A schoolroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.