Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 24-25

This is a recap of sections of jet-lag dreams from my trip to Paris:

1. March 24-25: This dream was a series of violent replays of clips from tv shows. There are two things I remember: One, an old arcade in an old, drafty building. Two: A snow-covered road. I was driving along, and I had forgotten the road was icy, so I slammed on the brakes. I slid and serpentined, and finally stopped. I was scared I'd go off the road into a ditch, so I turned around and drove back "home." Later in the dream, I was back on this ice covered road, and I spun in a 360 degree turn, and almost wound up in the ditch. I climbed out of my car, and tried to pull it. It was unnaturally light, and I pulled it so hard I almost dragged it into the ditch on the opposite side of the road. I climbed in, and stared at the road. I wanted to get to my destination, but I hate driving on the ice and snow, and didn't know how long the road went on like this. I was nervous about being hit by other cars while I stood there. I realized I couldn't just go back home again, so I got in the car and started driving really slowly down the road.


2. March 25-26: I was a a heavy metal concert, and Michael Buble was performing. There were all these angry people around, in leather and spikes and whatnot. Some were in costumes, some were on motorcycles. I was some sort of roadie, setting things up for the concert. All of a sudden, there was a giant bear at the concert - this bear was maybe twenty feet tall. It had wrist bands on, with spikes. It started ripping people to shreds, and I ran away. I could hear it talking to people. I climbed up a scaffold (or was it a cliff or a building) - anyways, from up above I watched it. It was joined by a giant lynx or something, which had no skin and was just a mass of muscles and fibers. Lightning rippled off its skin. They were killing a lot of people - the whole concert was a mess. They kept saying they were only taking the "privileged chosen" to meet the "master." A guy who looked like Dennis Leary walked up the bear and said he was ready to go. The bear touched his forehead, and said "You are not of the chosen." The Dennis Leary biker guy was very upset.


I know, I know - Michael Buble at a heavy metal concert.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.