Monday, March 22, 2010

March 12: Alligators

Though I keep a dream journal in print form, this is the dream that sort of motivated me to start a blog about it. It's not my longest dream, or my scariest, or my most meaningful. It did, however, stick around with me for a week. Here it is:

In all the drainage ditches, there were alligators swimming under the water. I saw them where ever I went - long dark shadows swimming after me. There were many of them. At one point, I was walking along a reservoir with my father towards a city. It was winter, and all the alligators were frozen under water, except under bridges and in big drainage pipes. A giant alligator, the fattest alligator I've ever seen, climbed out of the water and started coming after us. It was slow though. It followed us, and I was nervous, but it stopped eventually, once we reached a giant overpass.

Later (as in another section of the dream which I remember but can't link to the above), I found myself at some sort of villa. It was sunset, and the weather was perfectly cool but not cold. There were hedges, and a door knocker in the shape of either a lion or a lizard. A man appeared in a tuxedo and wanted to dance with me. He had brown hair, and a was a good dancer. We danced. He wanted to marry me, and I remember thinking that though he was not a great looking person, he was a good soul. In the dream, that seemed crucial somehow...

*****

I have many dreams involving snakes, but not alligators. I remember being wary, but not terrified of them - as though I knew it was unlikely they would catch me, but I still didn't like seeing them there. When it comes to snakes, my dreams about them are almost always positive. It's rare I have a bad dream involving reptiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.