Monday, March 22, 2010

The Beginning

This is my first post, so an introduction would be in order.

This is an online dream journal. I already keep a print version, but I thought that there might be those of you out there who might enjoy looking at what a subconscious mind has to offer. It would also be good for me, to keep up with a good practice that too often I forget to do in the haste of the morning. Dreams carry weight, and they are a bunch of fun to pick apart.

Some of these entries will be long, if I remember a lot. They might be small if I only remember a few images or scenes. I may or may not put the more questionable (read overly dark or sexual) dreams up, because most of the time I'd rather forget them than put them in print. If I don't have dreams for awhile, I'll put some of my "archived" dreams from old journals up.

Feel free to comment - if you think you know what an image symbolizes or what you think my dream means. I ask though that you keep the language clean, and do not attribute my dreams to substance abuse. That's not cool.

Finally, I picked the moniker "magpie" because they collect shiny objects. Keeping track of one's dreams is like collecting shiny objects, because only a few bright pieces tend to stand out. If you're lucky, then you get a whole necklace, but more often than not you have only a few beads and a thin thread on which to string them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.