Monday, March 22, 2010

March 19/20: Pluto and Don Juan

This dream was, as I remember it, split into two parts:

Part I:
I was traveling with an old woman. It was somewhere foreign - fog, drizzle, faint sun. We were in a city of sorts, except that to get to the city we had to go down giant escalators. The city itself was built in a giant crater, and it went underground around us. I had the distinct idea that this is what life on Pluto would feel like. We were warned by a passerby to look out for the moon, as it had a close orbit.

At one point, a giant, oblong, rotating rock floated through the town. It looked like misshapen pumice. It was the moon, and I remember thinking "Oh my, there weren't kidding!" I had to duck round it, which wasn't difficult as the moon wasn't moving that fast. I helped the old woman climb over the moon onto a ledge.

Note: In retrospect, the town reminded me vaguely of Copenhagen or London. There was a spire of sorts - or it might have been a weather vane, which was in the center of the crater. There were flags strung from it. The old woman reminded me of a nun I know. We were tourists...


Part II:
Scene change

It was just me, and I was at what I will now call "Don Juan University." The whole section of this dream ran like a vaudeville show. Lots of young people, running around, making out - frivolous romances. They were trying to outsmart the priests, who kept trying to make them all go to church. I saw police tape, and red LED light signs...

I was chasing/running through hallways with wooden floors which sometimes looked like the backroom of my old college church.

Green rolling hills. Laughter. Trysts - but nothing serious.
Dark wooden confessionals - empty.
A statue of two women in frilly dresses, in an amorous embrace.

A man - thin, not too tall (maybe in a top hat?) telling all his "students" what to do and how to love. The class, smiling for a picture. But running - chasing all over again. A great sense of movement. Period costumes.

******

As you can see, the second half fell off as I woke up.

So, this is my most recent dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.