Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Three Fox Cubs

I was driving on Hwy 231, which runs through rural Indiana.

On the side of the road I saw a baby fox - I knew that you're not supposed to stop and mess with wild animals, but I wanted to look. I reversed and got out of the car. There were three foxes - the first one behind me, one in front of an older one-story white house, and a third I saw in a bush further ahead of me. They were all playing and being cute - the one by the house came over and sniffed me.

I saw a semi-truck coming down the road, riding on the shoulder. I knew it would hit the foxes - the driver couldn't see them like I could. He was just rolling along steadily with his wheels on the shoulder of the road - I remember thinking how symmetrical he was with the shoulder line. I took my car and parked it perpendicular to the road in front of the first fox, and the truck came to a stop without hitting me or the foxes. The driver seemed upset because he didn't know why I'd parked in the middle of a highway. The foxes continued to be happy - I think the mother fox was there somewhere, but I don't remember if I actually met her or if she was just watching me from a distance.


Later, there was a bit about a Rainforest Cafe summer camp thing. It was golden, hot, and sunny outside. There were all these people in black shirts doing crafts and walking about like waitstaff. Peter Dinklage was there. I don't really remember the rest, except that I vaguely knew some of the people and we called out greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.