Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bruno Mars and a Rainbow (and other Stuff too!)

I will first describe the most vivid part of the dream:

I was in my house, in my room, which looked bigger than normal. I was talking with Bruno Mars about gospel music, and it was pretty relaxed. Then a wave of water hit the window sill. We both looked at it, and then another wave hit, and the water level started rising against the window. I was not exactly worried, but I was confused. I could hear thunder and rain, but the water wasn't dirty or clear - it was a little greenish, like pond water. I thought the yard was flooding, except I knew we were on a hill so that didn't make sense. The house started rocking slightly, like a ship at sea. For some reason, this made me a lot calmer.

I went to look out at the back yard, and it was spring. Everything was green, and the sun was peeking out from behind grey thunderclouds. A light rain fell, and a rainbow stretched across the sky overhead. It was joyful. I looked over the roof, and could see the dark storm clouds on the other side of the house, and I was confused. The water did not seem to be spilling into the back yard. I went back inside and the house kept gently rocking back and forth in the water.

----

Snippets:

I was walking with D in a bustling city with a European feel - like I felt that there were ruins to see around the city. But I was concerned because I saw that a fire had started on the roof of a green shed, and even though the roof was metal, no one was trying to put the fire out. I picked D up and kept walking down the street.

**

The two guys from the Twilight movies were trying to get somewhere. One was in a car, the other a motorcycle. But neither of them had any confidence or coordination, and so they kept falling over. They neared a wall covered in black spray paint scribbles, and a group of sleezy, dangerous looking people with eyes that looked white sometimes, and teeth that got sharp. They were trying to summon something - a spirit or monster they worshipped, but I can't remember the creature's name. They were a cult, that's the word. They were a cult, and the two guys from Twilight didn't know what to do.

**

I was in a cavern, and was running out of time. It was like I was in a Mario game - I had to jump over things and run. There were even coins. At one point the camera angle panned out and I could see someone who was sort of me running along, collecting coins in a long tunnel. I made it to the "end" before time ran out.  I think that I wanted to buy something at a gift shop there - some sort of inscribed rock, but I can't remember.



-------

I know that these dreams were a little more connected. I feel like I met Bruno Mars in the city with the burning roof, and that before we were in my room, we were running through the Mario caverns, which were part of the city....

That's the problem with waking up abruptly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.