Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stealing from Pyramids; Cooking Fish

This dream was odd:

I was in a sort of Chinatown/Egypt/Venice area - by that I mean there were canals, pyramids, and Chinese writing. The place was like an amusement park, except there were more guards and very few fun things to do.

I was in a raft, and I was good at going around the canals and not getting stopped by guards. There was a Chinese woman with me, who threatened me with something...but I cannot remember what. I had to do what she said, or she would expose me? I asked her what she wanted, and she explained her plan, which was in essence to rob the pyramids. I was outraged, but couldn't think of a way out of it.

So we moved through the darkened canals inside the giant pyramid, until we found a sort of tea shop with giant glass and metal jars. She started taking down jars and dusting off the writing so that she could find the ones she wanted. She took two metal jars which looked ancient, and we left. The guards were half-heartedly after us, but I made it to a side door, and the woman disappeared. Then I was on my own, trying to nonchalantly make it out of the pyramids.

At some point after this - there was search for the woman? I feel as though there was some sort of inquiry, or hunt, but I cannot remember if it was me they were looking for, or the woman.


*******

I was at a cooking school, which looked a lot like my old high school. They were teaching us about cooking fish, and all the rare fish in the world. I was sitting on a gym mat with my partner, and we couldn't stop giggling for some reason. I would suggest salmon, and he put his forehead on my shoulder and started to laugh. Then he said he had some freeze dried fish - Brum? - in a cooler, and I was impressed. I started listing off vegetables we could make as side dishes, but got distracted when he started to kiss my shoulder and neck.

We got scolded for laughing, and not taking the fish course seriously. I turned to kiss my partner....


-------

And then woke up. Worst. Wake up moment. EVER.

Also - from what I can tell, there is no such fish as a brum, or a brun, or a brom. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.