Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Worst Microwave (and a Sinkhole too)

This dream opened with me in a house - my house. The front porch simply fell away with a rumble. Then the side of the house, which I was facing, fell straight off. I ran through the house, grabbing my family members (not my actual family, but in the dream they were). We ran to the back, as the hole side of the house got sucked into the ground. The sand was grey and grainy, and I realized we were on a sinkhole. None of us, however, left the house. We all just stood on the solid section, staring around at everything which had collapsed.

*break*

I was in a large, cavernous mall. C was there and he grabbed me and tried to throw me over his shoulder. Instead, we both tumbled over and landed on one of those cushiony mall bench things before landing on the floor. Neither of us were injured - we both were laughing. And the crowd around the mall was laughing. They thought it was great fun.

*break*

I walked into a kitchen, where my dad was warming up hamburger meat in the microwave. I went to look, and going around and around were two one pound packages of hamburger meat, and two kittens. They were tearing ferociously into the raw meat.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed.
"What? They're hungry," Dad replied. "Besides, the microwave will keep them warm."
"You don't understand microwaves!" I cried again, opening the microwave. I didn't touch the kittens, because they seemed too ferocious



*****

I actually understand that last part a little. Our freezer broke and we lost all our pork and beef. Dad gave what was salvageable to the cats, which he said reminded him of that scene in "Jurassic Park" where they feed the velociraptors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.