Sunday, July 7, 2013

Strength and Otters

This dream is couple of weeks old, but here:


I was driving through a country scene. There was a bridge - concrete - over a river. I was driving a red station wagon. Below me, I saw some otters playing in the water. I thought it would be cool to swim with them, and then the bridge broke/my car was dangling backwards over the edge. I was frightened as I fell to the river. I climbed out of the car and the otters were there. I felt extremely put out about my car. I did swim around with the otters, but I was annoyed again that the otters seemed smug about my accident - like they knew they were the cause.

Then I lifted the car of of the water by its front bumper and carried it up a nearby set of utility steps, also made of concrete. At the top of the hill was an old town. My car was dripping water and had muck all over it.

***

The reason I remember this dream is because I thought it was strange that I was able to simply lift my car all by myself. I don't think I've ever been super strong in my dreams before.

Last night I had a crazy series of mini dreams - none of which I remember unfortunately. I've actually had several good dreams over the past few days, but I cannot remember them. Isn't that the worst?

Part of me thinks that the reason I can't is that I've been meaning to put this otter dream down on this blog and haven't. Perhaps holding on to dreams takes a lot more energy and space that we think, which is why it's hard to remember several dreams at once?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.