Friday, July 26, 2013

Chivalrous Date at Chimney Rock

I was in the mountains - it was dry and stony like the desert. I was on a sort of perch, trying to climb down. A man showed up in armor - to be more precise, it was Sir Jorah Mormont from the Game of Thrones series (played by Iain Glen). He agreed to help me down from the rocks. My Grandma was there, nearby, and she commented on how nice this knight was. Then my Mom was there, and she agreed, suggesting that this was the sort of man I should marry. I was surprised that they were both so smitten, but I stayed with the knight for the rest of the dream.

Eventually we wound up at Chimney Rock - except it too was in the desert and not surrounded by grasslands.  There was a tour there - a bunch of school kids swarmed around the rock and the caverns which ran below it. There was a really old soda machine in the caverns under the rock - the whole place felt really old. The knight held my hand and kept the kids from bumping into me.

***

This dream had a lot of tactile detail - the dryness of the rocks in particular. The overall feeling was one of safety - I felt incredibly safe in the knight's company. Very secure. I also seem to recall feeling amused that my mother and grandmother wanted me to be with someone who was clearly much, much older than I was.

I am not up to date on the Song of Ice and Fire series - but I've been led to believe that Ser Jorah's story is not a pleasant one. Pity, because he was super polite in my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.