Thursday, March 8, 2012

Battleships and Blades

In fragmented pieces, and in no particular order:

Dad, nephew and I were on a ship - either a cruise ship or a military ship. We were all sitting out of a table. The weather was clear and we were in a sort of bay. Suddenly, the ship listed to the side. I looked out the window and saw the sea rising up to meet us, and the horizon line tipped diagonally. "Uh oh," Dad mumbled, as everything tipped and the water seemed to be above us for somehow. "Grab onto me," I ordered my nephew, and he did just as everything went dark.

Then we were outside the ship, floating in the water. Not sure how we got there. Another wave was hitting another boat. There were people nearby on a smaller boat, who offered to get us out. I can't remember why, but I was still in the water (don't remember if nephew was with me). There were swells further out on the water. Along the coast, there seemed to be some sort of fire or fight going on, like a war.

****

There was a series of large metal tubes and wires and gears, like along a factory. They were tinted red and there was fire below. Antonio Banderas and Peter Sarsgaard were having a sword fight in 18th century garb. Peter's character was angry because Antonio's character (who was in possession of a couple very fine white masks with black swirls on them) had wasted all their gold and had not accomplished the mission. There were flashbacks to a masquerade party, and a spy network. They fought back and forth, and Peter chased Antonio all over, though eventually they both lost interest in fighting. At some point - I can't remember if it was before or after the fight - they were joined by Alan Cummings, also in period garb. Alan was a dandy - he was there to stop them from fighting and be generally useless.

****

The camera panned up from this? Anyways I knew that if we were going to win the fight, we had to see what the enemy was doing. I was buying machines and fighters - the whole map went into view like a video game, and I was a small ship flying over the enemy metropolis. They had turrets and lots of mechanical robots which had two giant feet and a sort of domed top. "Too many walkers," I thought, and tried to buy some more units at my city. The enemy city tried to shoot down my airplane, but they missed.


****

Space - we were floating in space, holding onto a satellite thing. I think I was punishing some teenagers for being disrespectful of some nuns? I can't remember, as this was the fuzziest part of the dream. I just seem to recall the sensation of being where there was no air, and floating around.


****


This is the second dream in a row where I've dreamed of protecting my nephew. Two days ago I had a "Hunger Games" dream where I protected him from a jeep full of snakes, while letting my sister and other people float down a river without saving them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.