Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cats - then Tangiers?

All pieces of this dream are piecemeal:

I was on a grassy sort of area with some cats. I had twelve cats. Then, all of sudden, I had twenty-three cats - I think they were donated or abandoned at my house. I was nervous about accepting them, but I saw that two of the cats were beautiful. They were bigger than the rest, muscular and they were copper and white with burgundy stripes over their eyes. Umm...I think one of them could talk...he told me he was not neutered, and asked if that was a problem. I said no.

Then I noticed one of the cats was covered in tins - like flattened old tea tins. Even its head was covered in tins. I couldn't actually tell if there was a cat under there or if it was some sort of robot.

The scenery sort of shifted, and the grassy area turned into a grassy bank by a river. There were dolphins in the water.

Then the water grew bigger. It became something like a big river, and there were boats. I wanted to go to Aegina (A small island off the coast of Greece), but there were two people with me and they were very persuasive. One of them was a girl, one of them was a guy who was a celebrity (when I tried to figure out who it was - my brain kept saying Jonathan Rhys Meyers, except that wasn't who it was and I knew that wasn't who it was). They convinced me to spend all my money on a ferry ticket.

"But where are we going?" I asked.
"Tangiers!" The girl said, laughing. I had wanted to go to Aegina, but then I figured Tangiers could be fun. I almost missed the ferry, because I saw that my wallet had fallen into the mud. I forced them to stop so that I could pick it out of the water. There was something else in the water that I grabbed - but I can't remember what. There was a lot of conversing at this point in the dream - between myself and the man who worked the boat.

Then I was in an enclosed market space in Tangiers. There were beads hanging from all the shops. I loved it - and brushed my hands through golden beads. The shopkeepers were all very friendly and laughing and trying to get us to buy things, though I don't think I did. In the dream peripheral I sensed tension, like not everyone was happy I was there. And I could sort of see the desert in the distance outside the city...


****


Yeah - there was a lot of texture in this dream. The smoothness of the cat's fur, the feel of the water, the beads - it was a sensory dream. I wish I could remember who the celebrity was - in the dream I remember thinking that the only reason I was following him was because he was magnetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.