Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's Curtains for you

I was in a show - a TerrorWerks sort of show, except everyone was in Renaissance garb. 

Note: Terrorwerks is a simulation game where you are given an air rifle and told to go through a maze or building completing objectives. 

This game was on a spaceship about to land on an alien planet. Our objectives were to keep the ship from getting destroyed, while at the same time taking out the enemy forces on the ground below. So we started to land, and I had a hand gun given to me, with which to destroy the explosive charges which had latched onto our ship. My teammates were doing likewise. We got all the charges taken care of, and we landed. There were lots of "enemies" though the tone was never one of animosity. It was like we were all playing at being heroes and villains. To shoot someone, you had to his a little orange-lit circle with a black center that floated either in front of them or above their heads.

We were winning this fight, when suddenly we realized that we had missed some munitions. We went to destroy one, but the leader of the opposing force detonated one while we were retreating, and the audience (who appeared from nowhere) got all hushed because it was a "nuclear" explosion. It destroyed the ship and everyone except me, and him. I acted all stalwart, and went back to our camp, where I picked up a gun, put it down, and instead took a thin blade with no real hilt - it was just a long piece of bendable metal, with wire wrapped around the end.

Outside it was a giant circular plain - and the opposing leader was standing there, similarly armed. All around the two of us, the "dead" players were watching and gathering. I strode across the field and told him he would pay for what he had done. He laughed, and we sort of fought. The audience was impressed, because they didn't know what was going on and couldn't tell if it was real. He tripped and fell backwards, and I pressed my blade up under his throat. I said something really cheesy (can't remember what - probably something like "for my friends...") and then I "slit" his throat - except it was all fake, so that I just swished the blade in front of his neck. Even this bent the tip of my blade, which I had to fix. 

Then there was something like a cast bow - except now there were girls in stilts as well as all the other costumery. The audience was clapping, and we were all happy to have put on such a good show.



***********


This was a fun campy dream - especially once it became clear that it was all fake. There was a lot more detail in the firefight, except I can't remember names or people, so I don't think it would make a lot of sense. You know, like the rest of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.