Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rube Goldberg dance

Sigh - I really could use a dream that wasn't so overtly weird...

Okay, so I was in three theater productions at once. All of them were on these tiny little stages. Each theater piece followed the other, and each was set up like some sort of crazy rube goldberg device. In one I had to jump up the outline of hill, except the outline was made with buckets of water. So I had to jump up buckets of water, then jump down them. There were metal cymbals, pinwheels, and champagne glasses. I had to duck around and spin. It was all very hectic. Finally, I landed, and there was applause. Everything shifted, and the next show started. The second show had lots of little houses on hills, and I was supposed to...I think I was supposed to dance around them (but it's hazy now and I can't remember). It was like being on a conveyor belt, and having to act different for each scene piece.

I remember spotlights, and cheering - it was theatrical, and though I was getting tired of putting on the shows, it never occurred to me to stop acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.