Friday, March 20, 2015

Canals and Cakes

This was a strange dawn-like dream, and I only remember a little bit of it:

There was a city, where the streets were canals. There was a large church on a block, for example. The fog was heavy, but the sun was shining.

At one point, there was a cake competition. All these princesses showed up with cakes that looked like their faces. But none of them won the competition. Suddenly I had to make a cake ( I was not particularly interested), but my cake wouldn't look like a face. I had to make an "evil eye" cake, which was supposed to ward off bad spirits, or something like that.

Anyway I got help from a gondolier with a mop of black curls - he seemed nice, and rowed me all around the city.


***

Ah, I remember - before this part of the dream I was in a video game simulation. It was a zombie game, but I was so bored by it because it felt like I'd already gone through it several times. My teammates and I were in a rural town that hadn't been affected yet, and there was a gear store. One of the guys in my team wanted a bow with a bug zapper string - he didn't want to pay for it. I warned him that messing with the town's stuff was dangerous when they didn't know zombies were coming. He didn't listen, and a crowd of townspeople beat him to death. Then the simulation started over.

This part of the dream was in a series of huge tunnels, like grain elevators laid on their sides. At one point I had to climb a long spiral staircase around the inside of one of the tunnels.

***


I'm not sure about this dream. I don't remember if the zombie video game bit was frightening or not. I seem to recall that I was frightened in the dream at times, because there were zombies to fight and chases and such.

As for the gondolier and the cakes - there was so much more plot there that I cannot remember. Perhaps I should go back to writing down my dreams in the morning, rather than right before I go to bed. Transcribe from my dream journal...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.