Thursday, December 12, 2013

Coaxing Life/ Terrarium Terror

I was at work, and there was a sort of lazy susan pot on a table. In the pot was a dead tree. I started to spin the lazy susan and talk to the tree in a soothing voice. As I spun, the tree started to branch and grow leafy. It was like a little elm bonsai. I was very happy about this, and congratulated the tree on what it had done. I think I started singing to it, and the tree sort of responded.

I was on the floor at my job, and one of my coworkers (T) gave me a terrarium that he was very proud of. It was wobbly and had a bunch of precariously balanced rocks and air plants on it. I tried to keep it upright, but it tipped over and everything fell apart. I tried to put it back together, but it didn't seem to fit. I was afraid of what T would say when he found out - panicked I think.

___


This dream was very simple, but tactile at the same time. For instance, I can vividly remember the new green leaves on the tiny tree as it spun around. And I remember the floors, and the white bowl of the terrarium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.