Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Neck boils & Doctor Who

Pretty straightforward to start:

I was in a room with slanted walls - like a futuristic apartment I guess. I had boils on my neck - on the back. When I looked at my shoulder, somehow I could see my neck and saw that there was this giant boil/ strange sore there that resembled a wilted red rose in color. It was swollen and growing out of the side of my neck, and I was panicking.


Then the dream went crazy:

Doctor Who (Matt Smith) and Amy Pond were suddenly there. All I wanted to do was get to a doctor to have my neck looked at, but I kept getting dragged into peripheral adventures. At one point Amy had put copies of herself into a giant wind-up doll, a robot, and a battle tank - all so she could fight an evil version of herself. It made no sense.

Then there was a river with goats jumping up the sides of buildings. An old gypsy clan joined them, jumping up the buildings, then jumping into the water in some sort of ceremony.

There was an elephant?

And none of the surfaces felt even - everything was either uphill or downhill or sideways. Nothing was level.

I kept noticing my neck boils/sores were still there, and I was still worried. But every time I tried to find a doctor, the Doctor kept sort of pulling back into the nonsense narrative. There were more toys, and firefights, and circus-y mumbo jumbo. I really don't remember.


****


I woke up annoyed.

I've been dealing with a rash on the back of my neck for a couple of weeks now. I have medicine, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I think that my frustration at having a rash on a part of me that I can't see, but only feel, is why in my dream my subconscious made it much uglier and scarier looking than it is. It's a manifestation of my worry. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.