Friday, June 1, 2012

Cats and Red Pandas

This dream was a last minute addition to what I believe was a zombie apocalypse dream - lots of running, two warring factions, etc.

*****

I found a baby red panda and took it "home" - though my home had a lot of arbors hanging with bougainvillea and what not. It felt a little Spanish in nature. But at some point I put the red panda in the refrigerator to let it sleep, and forgot about it. Then I remembered it and retrieved it, but it was so cold and small, and it was on a plate surrounded by what appeared to be soy sauce. I held it to my chest and tried to clean it off. I was so worried that it was going to die. I walked about, trying to remember what red pandas ate. Then I thought worried about how I was going to take care of the red panda when it was fully grown, and I couldn't hold it.

Then the little red panda came back to life and started to grow till it was about the size of a cat. I put it on a shelf, and then my other cats were there. One of them hissed and swiped at the panda, which growled back. I realized that it was not the mother cat, but one of toms, and scolded them. Then the panda snapped at me, and I hugged him and told him he shouldn't, because then I would have to abandon him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.