Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Those Nefarious Keebler Elves...(A naptime dream)

I dreamed I was supposed to be teaching a Kindergarten class about the state of New York, but did not know how to do so. I was trying to cut a giant sponge board into the shape of New York. Then Gwyneth Paltrow showed up and convinced me to come with her - that she knew how to find out where the information was. Whether this was about the class I don't remember.

We wound up in a tall white skyscraper with a big red logo. I was carrying my violin and a messenger bag and my purse, and talked to the secretary at the desk about having an appointment. She didn't seem convinced, so we distracted her and then sneaked into the office. Paltrow started rifling through papers, but I was worried about getting caught. So I went back to the secretary's area to talk to her some more. Then the head guy came in, and he had Gwyneth arrested. She smiled as they took her away, leaving me feeling very exposed. I walked back in and pretended like the whole thing was a misunderstanding. The people in the office seemed very friendly to me and let me collect my things. I was getting really flustered, and gave a lot of excuses.

Then there were police in hospital masks heading to the parking area. Apparently there was some really suspicious behavior going on. When I could, I went to look at the security camera. The guards were surrounding a talking blue car, and standing on the hood of the car was the Keebler elf. He was trying to give them cookies, but they didn't believe him.

I used this distraction to get all my stuff together so I could escape. Except I seemed to have more and more things. I grabbed my bag, and my purse, and then I grabbed my violin case, and a big blue bear, and another violin case. I realized I had too many violins in the outside area, and tried to figure out how to put the man's violin back. Only now there were three violins, and the bows got mixed up and I couldn't tell which violin went in which case. I was getting really scared about how much time was going by. They'd figure out I didn't belong there any second.

Except every time I looked up, everyone seemed distracted by the Keebler elf guy on the car - not the talking car, mind. That was being ignored. It was just the elf, spouting a lot of catchphrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.