Monday, November 4, 2013

Run Down: The Consequence of Fatigue

I have been dreaming.
I don't remember my dreams lately like I used to.

For example:

I dreamt I was in a great underwater theater, in a dome. Above me, there were divers plummeting from a plane (?). All I remember was a man hitting the water in a dive, and then blasting through a window to get into the underwater dome. The goal was momentum.


I dreamt of marshmallows.



---

I wake up and have an image or an idea in my mind, and I know that it is only a small piece of a much larger dream, with intricacies. Except maybe for that marshmallow one. All I remember from that dream is that there were lots of tiny marshmallows everywhere.

Why this dry spell? I believe it is because between two part-time jobs, a four hour commute, and rehearsals, I am getting run down and my brain is suffering for it subconsciously. I cannot hold onto my dreams while I am so tired.

I hope this turns around - I feel very much like I have neglected all my writing at the expense of sitting in a car for hours every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.