Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bad Hosts

There was an awards show - we were in a big theater. I believe it was the Academy Awards, but it was poorly lit. There were too many hosts - all famous comedians. They were trying to be zany, but no one was laughing. It was painful to watch. At one point a man was "eaten" by a giant mechanical robot, but it looked too real. At another point D, who was sitting on my lap, ran off to another woman, who agreed to hold him. I said it was ok, but truthfully I didn't want to keep watching the awards show without him.

There were a lot of gowns.

****

I was in the front yard in my old neighborhood. There was a bad man on the loose. He was after the children.  I saw him running out of my neighbor's house, and he was chased. There were mothers on the streets. I grabbed a small shovel, then a larger shovel, then a big shovel and tried to join them. The man - who was small - fell to the ground and started to sink. I hit him in the face with a shovel, and he passed out. When he came to, we were all standing around him. One woman told him we had called the cops. The man's mouth was hanging open, and we could see the back of his throat. In front on him materialized an enormous black spider with teeth - like tentacles? They were like monster teeth, crustacean feelers, but not long. I remember being a little mesmerized by its creepy teeth. It was red on the back, and shiny all over.

The women started to chuckle, and I was uncomfortable. I felt the feeling of vindictiveness and revenge rising around me. They said something like they would simply let the spider (they knew its Latin name), do what it did best. The back of the spider detached - it was the male spider. It started crawling towards the man. I knew that the spider was going to crawl down his gaping maw of a throat, but I could not watch. As I tried to leave, the ground began to sink around me, and I panicked that I was falling into a sinkhole. One of the women grabbed me and pulled me to safety. The sinkhole spread around the man further.

****

Somewhere around here, I was going to meet a television crew for a show. I got a text from a man I knew, and he was curt. I saw him from across a way, and ran to him. I demanded to know why he was upset. He would not tell me, so I pressed him further. He yelled at me for forgetting to help him with his graphics problem. I told him I was going to, that I didn't know he had needed it so soon. He did not seem entirely mollified - he still acted distant and unconvinced.

_________________


If I had to pick a theme from the past couple of dreams (since I've been away from home, at least), it would be groups. I don't feel as though I dream of big crowds. I would have to think on it a bit more, but I also feel as though there's a heavy feminine strength thing strutting around my subconscious - or a feminine weakness. It gets confusing, drawing out what means what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.