Monday, January 21, 2013

Judgment of the Women

In essence, I was before a large table in a warehouse type setting. Sitting at the table were Julia Child, Meryl Streep, and Judy Collins. They all looked at me when I entered, and I felt small and without worth.  At one point, Judy Collins demanded that I sing, and I choked out this thin little song about something. She was disappointed.  Stockard Channing paced around the outside of the table, sort of joining in the debate about me.

The whole dream was me being picked apart by these great women.

***

I can't tell if this was supposed to be a nightmare or not. I remember that I desperately wanted to prove my value to these ladies, and that if they could only see me at my best they might think better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts! Hopefully they aren't spammish, dirty, mean-spirited or ignorant.